Estates and Varieties
We are an estate winery with five vineyards exclusively in the Napa Valley:
- Home Ranch Vineyard - Oak Knoll District, planted to Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Merlot and Cabernet Franc
- Knollwood Vineyard - Oak Knoll District, planted to Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Syrah
- State Lane Vineyard - Yountville, planted to Cabernet Sauvignon
- Niebaum Lane Vineyard - Rutherford, planted to Cabernet Sauvignon
- Elhers Lane Vineyard - St Helena, planted to Cabernet Sauvignon
Our Chardonnay plantings are on our Home Ranch Vineyard in the Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley. This vineyard is planted to four different clones of Chardonnay: our Heirloom Clones and Dijon clones #76, #95, and #96.
Our Cabernet Sauvignon vineyards are planted to clones #7, #8, #337 and the Cope Clone in Rutherford, Yountville, and St. Helena.
Our Pinot Noir plantings are on our Home Ranch Vineyard in the Oak Knoll District. The vineyards are planted to five different clones of Pinot Noir: Heirloom Clone and Dijon clones #667, #777, #113, and #115.
Our Merlot is planted on both our Oak Knoll District vineyards; each vineyard is planted to two clones of merlot Clone #181, Clone #6.
Our Cabernet Franc is also planted on both our Oak Knoll District vineyards, each vineyard is planted to clones #312 and #332. Our Home Ranch Vineyard is also planted to 'Clone X'.
Our Syrah is planted on our Knollwood Vineyard to two ENTAV Clones, #470 and #174.